Friday, October 12, 2018

At last, Grandpa’s least favorite; at best
my best friend’s eighth best friend. Now myriad 
impossible ways to be loved suggest
like ways to be impossibly hated.

I can’t be replaced if I don’t admit
you’re gone. Somewhere between am too concerned
and don't give a shit, this dogeared friendship
ran away from home (and never returned).

We hadn't spoken in so long, I think 
we stopped knowing each other. It reminds
me of the favorite shirt that I don't 
wear anymore, to keep a teensy tear
a teensy tear, and of Grandpa’s cufflinks,
I was afraid I'd lose so hid somewhere.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://imgur.com/a/tqhdCaF

    /|\ ^._.^ /|\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A response drawing? Strange and potent. Thanks.

      Delete